Civil marriages are now possible in Aruba,
but they must take place at the City Hall. Couples may also
arrange a religious blessing after they have been legally
married or just hold a romantic celebration beachside if they
The following are the guidelines for the various ceremonies.
CIVIL Legal Requirements:
1. Couple must provide from their Country of Citizenship an
“apostile” report (a statistics search from the Bureau of
Vital Statistics) as Proof that they are both indeed single and
eligible to marry.
2. Each person must submit copies of their birth certificate
with a raised seal.
3. If either party has been divorced they must submit a copy of
their divorce decree.
4. If either party has been widowed, they must submit a copy of
the death certificate.
5. Couple must be holders of valid passports and submit with
their application, copies of the pages showing all relevant
6. Copies of the passport pages of their witnesses must also be
submitted (if couple does not have any witnesses, we will
provide them at an additional fee).
7. All documents are to be faxed for review and then submitted
by courier (i.e. FedEx) at least one (1) month prior to desired
Office of Civil Registry
Attn: Mr. Betto Christiaans
8. All civil ceremonies must take place inside the City Hall
(Bureau Burgerlijke Stand) in Oranjestad.
9. Ceremonies are performed Wednesdays through Saturdays.
10. Times are from 10AM- 11:30AM then 2PM- 6PM.
(Must call first as this is on hold until review of procedures
1. Proof That the prospective bride and groom have attended
2. Permission from their priest to get married in Aruba.
3. An official declaration stating that neither party has been
previously married in a Church is also required from their local
4. Copy of Wedding Certificate showing that they have been
legally married in their home country.
5. Baptismal and Confirmation certificates of both parties as
well as copies of their passports or I.D. Cards.
6. The proposed wedding must take place “inside” the Church
7. All documents must be submitted 4 months prior to chosen
PROTESTANT / EPISCOPALIAN / METHODIST:
1. Wedding Ceremony can be affiliated in the local Protestant /
Episcopalian or Methodist Churches or anywhere else the couple
2. If Married outside Aruba, copy of marriage certificate from
their home country.
3. Proper attire is required for all “religious blessings”(
ie: No Swimsuits nor Wraps for the Bride: Shorts are acceptable
for the Groom.
1. Both partners MUST bet Jewish and need to submit a
verification of Judaism from the Rabbi of their hometown
2. The Aruban Cantor accepts Jewish status certificates from
valid Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, Liberal and
3. A formal petition needs to be submitted to the Aruba Jewish
4. The wedding ceremony may take place either in the synagogue
or any other venue of choice.
5. The synagogue of Aruba is an independent Conservative-Reform
A boat captain is not authorized to officiate a wedding
according to Dutch laws. This applies for international waters
as well as in port. The only exception to this rule is if he has
been given authority by the country under whose flag the ship is
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Click For Featured Hotel Weddings
Aruba Weddings For You or
Fairytale Weddings or
contained herein is provided as a public service with the
understanding that Island Cruises & Travel makes no warranties,
either expressed or implied, concerning the accuracy,
completeness, reliability, or suitability of the information.